Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing #10 - Virtual Worlds


#1 - Anything with this many directions is usually something I choose to do without!
#2 - I'm anti-social, in any world.
#3 - If I wanted to fly I'd be a gymnast or a pilot not a librarian.

OK, got that out of my system.


I think it will be like learning to enjoy reading fantasy. The first time I HAD to read one, Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey, I put it down after 2 pages because I didn't want to learn new words, new rules, etc. It takes work. Since I didn't have a choice, I picked it up again later and plowed through it and eventually was able to enjoy it and many more since.

After even more reading of directions (I mentioned I was a librarian...), Cool Cat Whitman instructed that I not go in alone so I won't. In RL, I will teleporting to IAH and I will get SL with a friend. More later. (Photo by Rhaaga - used through Flickr CC)

2 comments:

VWB said...

I think this is something thatwill take community, collaboration, and lots patience...and yes, you are absolutely right...it does take most of us out of our comfort zone.

Grendel said...

Terry, you are so, so funny! The three of us (you know who we are) are ALL antisocial in any world, and I so relate to that. What VWB says about community, collaboration, and patience--well, those traits are not my best qualities. Guess I will have to do an about-face.