Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing #8 - Screencasts

Well, this will certainly save time as I used to have to do the whole thing in PP with action buttons to make it appear as if I was 'hot linked' (no interactive board of course). I can see being able to help out staff remotely with stuff that is quick. Definitely a way to check for understanding with the kids!

Had trouble getting my ScreenCastle screencast to show here. Embed didn't work at all, linking brought up a player but it said the video wasn't available. So I went to freescreencast which said simple with no downloads. Step one : download... Moved on to Screencast-o-matic. Had to throw the first one away since the 'done' button had disappeared (Apparently I didn't read the directions well enough?) Here is the 3rd try for the day. Clearly it would have to be larger to be of any use.

SO, using Screencastle was very fast and easy and I was excited about the potential but the final execution never happened for me and I ended up having to export the movie and then upload so my excitement has wavered. Obviously I would have to play more to find the right match for me.

1 comment:

VWB said...

haven't read everyone's #8 carefully, but I'm not picking up the positive vibes I was hoping for...and now you are saying about the same...I am really hoping for a good match somewhere as well...so that I can make quick little directions to everyday things I get asked about all the time!

We will figure this one out for sure!

P.S. hope all is and are well.