Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #7 - Video Resources

I am amazed at what creative folks can put together.

I was frustrated with searching blinkx since the same videos kept coming up over and over. I found a movie trailer on hulu for Disney's The Princess and the Frog. I think I could use it when we talk about story variants (The Horned Toad Prince by ...), or genre features (magic, animals talking), and there was an idiom included "cutting a rug." It would be useful if you wanted students to extend a story since this movie is what happened AFTER the frog gets kissed. Plenty of options to incorporate the trailer in a lesson. With it being Disney, you won't see it here!


I also saw a video on cockroaches from youtube that I found searching blinkx. Having just finished reading 2 different Bluebonnet Nominees starring cockroaches I was thinking I could show part of it, especially with the sound off, to get reactions and then present the insect as a leading lady! Did their impressions change?


1 comment:

arkreynolds said...

I didn't like cockroaches when they were thrown on me as a kid and I still don't like them. Not sure the book will change my mind either! With that said, the kids will never know how I feel when I read them the story ;-)