Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thing #1 - Connectivism

Wow, we're back. Feels like forever ago that we journeyed through 23 things.
Applause for Lee LeFever granting permission to this student. I do wish I could have read some of the fine print better but a very nice production. Daunting to think we will be trying to lead (or follow) students to this kind of project. I definitely feel that I will be doing more following than leading as the years zip by. Students are growing up with social networking, web technologies, etc. the way we learned the words to the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family theme songs. (dated myself, didn't I) I mean that they can do it without thinking and it will stay with them as they add new knowledge through the years (It's the story of a ...) A librarian can absolutely fill the role of the teacher. Time may be the challenge. I also think that the librarian may fill the role of liason between the student and teacher who may not understand that the student is in fact doing the "assignment." The student in the project totally went through the Big 6 steps - what do I need, where do I find it, what am I going to do with it, evaluating constantly and creating a product. The feedback/comments from the social networking avenues also help with the synthesis and evaluation steps. Perhaps I should change my blog title to Learning Concierge!

4 comments:

BIG RED said...

Oh it is so good to hear from you and know that you are joining the summer team.

BIG RED said...

OMG I was so happy to see 'Connected but Hassled'! I loved following your blogs doing 23 Things and now I am registered for 11.5 and I will have an ole friend along the journey with me.

BIG RED said...

I was so excited to see that you are doing 11.5 Things. I will enjoying reading about your adventures.

Andrea said...

I appreciate your comment about the Kinders in TX connecting to the Kinders in the northeast part of the country. I am from the Berkshires (previously NY, NY). When my children were little I often thought about how different their TX developing vocab. was from their cousins in MA not to mention their experiences.