Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thing # 12 - Rollyo (sounds like a candy)

It took me forever to come up with a topic to use for this activity. I really have become one-dimensional but that’s a topic for another blog. So, being in the thick of 4th grade Texas History research, I finally used the Texas sites that were on our favorite page and made my searchroll. It took me a little while to figure out how I could use it since I had to personalize my search page first. Maybe that was in the directions but I’m on direction overload. Anyway, I searched only it for Alamo (the search the web choice was not selected). Then I had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing for a few minutes since the 2 hits I saw were from Alamo Rental Car. After I got back into the chair, I scrolled down and below the “paid for” results were valid results for my search. Check out the search engine for yourself! It is called Texas History.

By the way, it is now 7:57pm on Jan. 24 and I have just written this and my last 2 posts. It's dangerous to just try to jot down a thought or two and save it for editing later. Write one word and save it and that's the written time regardless of how many days it may take you to write another word.

No comments: