Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thing #13 - del.icio.us

First, I just have to say that I LOVE The Common Craft Show! It is my favorite thing and it doesn't even have a number!

Now, this one was tough for me. All of the bookmarks worth tagging in del.icio.us are bookmarked on my school computer, not at home. So...dilemma...do this at school...export the bookmarks and take them home...find sites and create a new list to play with this tool so I can move to the next thing...I won't divulge my methods but I have a small collection now.

I definitely had a hard time NOT typing a comma between tags.

If our favorite puppet afficianado had used del.icio.us way back when she started keeping bookmarks she could have saved us all a lot of time and effort. Alas, we're on our own.

I think I will use it to finally take care of the links from my old library page. I may even dump the wiki where we've been putting our links since I can't get the teachers to add to it. No need for a wiki if I'm the only one adding to it. Hmm, have to think about that. No pages, just tags. Hmm.

2 comments:

LKP said...

You are right, maybe we can add "the Common Craft show" in the next version of L2P, we are keeping a list, so I'll add it to that. I also agree about del.icio.us, I wish I had discovered it long ago. Oh well, live and learn I guess!?!

Unknown said...

I don't think del.icio.us existed back when I started stuffed bookmarks into Ikeepbookmarks.

I will muse on moving on them. That's muse, not will!