Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing #20 - You tube, we tube...



These are two videos I saw at TCEA that struck a chord, for different reasons of course.



I'm trying the Zamzar thing but, while they keep saying they'll send me an email in 24 hours, I've yet to receieve one. I searched Blinkx but came up emptyhanded in my specific search but I want to remember it exists. I've seen some interesting curriculum videos on Teacher Tube though they are usually geared a little higher than elementary. There was a cute claymation that had the 3 pigs and Little Red Riding Hood and Snow White's dwarves in each other stories. I do wonder what kind of schools have the time to do these projects. Seems that all we have time to do is test, retest and test again. I use the streaming video in the library but I do suffer from flashback to junior high when they turned off the lights and put you in front of a movie. I hope I do a better job of relating it for the kids and doing something with it after we've viewed it. There is still that question in the back of my mind that I'm bringing kids to the library and putting them in front of TV? Now if we could make the video... (that's going to take another 23 things!)

I know that my teachers have appreciated the science clips I been able to share and work together with kidspiration or other activities to help reinforce the science instruction in the classroom. It's been great using digital stories in various forms with first grade's Around the World unit, for changing up holiday presentations such as Valentines Day or President's Day, and of course, just for fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure I understand the first one totally, but glad you selected the 2nd one so I could view it again and be reminded of all its good points...went looking for your fractured fairy tale claymation thing on Teacher Tube...wow, there are a lot of claymation ...
sorry about your zamzar experience...I have gotten all mine back within minutes to about 2 hrs.

LKP said...

What email address are you giving for Zamzar? I have been using my home address vs. school email and I wondered if the district firewall could be blocking the email?!? Froggy Wart --- what email have you used???
I will try it with bot and let you know.
I liked the videos!!!

Terry said...

I did finally get Zamzar emails this morning at school. Not sure what happened to the one I sent Sunday. Undoubtedly, my error!

Grendel said...

Awesome job! It has been awhile since I have gone wikiwalking and blogrolling, but I really have to compliment you not only on the LOOK of your website but on the content! I don't know how you are managing to work it into your schedule--guess you must do it while I am serving coffee! It is very interesting and worthwhile!