Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing #21 - Podcasting

Yeah! One thing that I've already done before. Now, I'm not expert but podcasting was something I decided to play with this year (before I signed on for 22 other things!) I started with a session by one of our own and then a session at Region IV's Technology Applications Conference which is well worth the day and the $25.00 (they even feed you!) Anyway, I learned about Jodix converter to get the photostory into mp4 from wmv and about Media Max to host the podcasts. (This is where you get the url to link the podcast to your blog, etc.) All free, just another user name and password! Anyway, my students started in the fall and then I received a grant from the ed tech department so I was committed to doing more. I've been doing them myself but hope to get back to using the students once all the testing hooha settles down. They can be found at My Pod or Yours. But for the sake of the 23 things, here's a little sample.

2 comments:

Book Nook Girl said...

Okay, I am so impressed! I didn't know you were podcasting on top of all of these Things! I am now wondereing if you ever sleep?! I love the Seuss Rhyme! You are a natural! I must talk to you more about setting up the My Pod or Yours! Great job!!!

Mamalibearian said...

Loved your "little sample" about the 23 things. I'd love to hear more about your other podcasting sometime, too. How do you get it all in?